It’s all about the butt! Here are 4 ways to make your rounder, fuller, and stronger so you can rock the heck out of those new jeans. All while at home in your comfortable surroundings. We also have a special offer for those looking to shape that gluten with a healthy diet as well. Read to the bottom to find that deal. Let’s get started!
This is an awesome way to relieve tension in your lower back and work your butt at the same time. (A cushy mat will keep your tailbone from crying afterward.)
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 1 count, and then lower back down.
- Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion. Be careful not to overarch your spine.
- To make this exercise more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
- Keeping your hips up, place your foot back on the floor and then lower your hips.
- Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds; switch sides and do the move for another 30 seconds on the other leg.
Toe Taps are a great addition to original Pilates exercises because the exercise helps practitioners learn to keep their abs flat and stabilize their low backs against the weight of the legs. You will get stronger quickly and safely — and your abs will be flatter too!
The, um, lower, looser part of my butt takes a beating from this move. Thankfully.
- Lie on the floor with your arms on your sides.
- Lift your feet, bending both knees to 90 degrees so your thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
- Now slowly and quietly tap your left toes to the floor, then your right.
- Alternate tapping feet for one minute.
- If you feel any lower back pain, don’t bring your toes all the way down.
I would typically shy away from anything that referred to my bum and any explosions, but this move gives me an awesome stretch through my glutes while testing my balance and coordination and patience.
- Stand with your feet together and your hands on your hips.
- Then lunge forward with your right leg.
- Jump up, switch legs in midair, and land with your left leg in a forward lunge.
- Continue these explosive lunges, alternating sides, for one minute.
- Keep your fists up in front of your chin and push off the floor with both feet. Your front knee should be bent 90 degrees and align over your ankle.
Single-Leg Squat with Towel
This targets that messy undies spillover area between the very back of your bum and the lower part of your hips. Don’t you have that? A double scoop for you then, fitness queen.
- Stand with your feet together and place your right foot on top of a folded towel.
- Shifting your weight to your left leg, slide the towel out slowly to your right.
- Then slowly return to the start position.
- Work this side for 30 seconds, keeping your elbows bent and your fists together near your chin.
- When you squat, your left knee should bend between 45 and 90 degrees.
- After 30 seconds, switch legs and do the squats and slides for another 30 seconds.