This Avocado Tuna Salad has a simple and surprising combination of ingredients but it just works! This tuna salad can be served on the side with dinner or as a very satisfying lunch because it comes together quickly and is loaded with protein.
The avocado gives this tuna salad recipe a healthy and highly satisfying creaminess without needing mayo. The lemon juice and cilantro give it incredible fresh flavor – this may just become your new favorite tuna salad.
Ingredients for Avocado Tuna Salad (print the recipe below):
This Avocado Tuna Salad has such simple ingredients and you may already have everything you need to make it (I love it when that happens!!).
What Kind of Tuna is Best for Tuna Salad?
We used drained Chunk Light Tuna in oil for more flavor and it seems to hold it’s form better, but you can substitute for well-drained tuna in water if you prefer.
Make-Ahead Tip:Once you add salt, the salad should be enjoyed within 3 hours of making, or the cucumbers start to lose their crispness.
To prep the salad in advance, combine all of the ingredients except the salt, cover and refrigerate. Season with salt just before serving.
I would pass you a fork if I could so you could experience this amazing tuna salad for yourself. It’s worth discovering and this tuna salad recipe is meant to be shared!
- 15 oz tuna in oil, drained and flaked (3 small cans)
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 2 large or 3 medium avocados peeled, pitted & sliced
- 1 small/medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro (1/2 of a small bunch)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine: sliced cucumber, sliced avocado, thinly sliced red onion, drained tuna, and 1/4 cup cilantro
- Drizzle salad ingredients with 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper (or season to taste). Toss to combine and serve.
It really is as good as it looks. Avocado and tuna are a winning combination.
So much juiciness and flavor!!! Make this for your next party and your guests will rave about your avocado tuna salad. I hope you love this so much that it becomes a new favorite for you.