Food poisoning is caused by eating food or consuming any beverage that is contaminated with certain types of bacteria, parasites, viruses or other toxins.
Food can be contaminated in different ways, while the best way to avoid food poisoning is by following these tips:
– Always clean your hands
– Make sure the meat is well baked
– If someone has gastroenteritis, do not let them touch the food you will eat
– Do not leave pets, goats or other insects close to food
– Do not store food at undetermined temperatures – it allows bacteria to grow
What are the symptoms of food poisoning?
– Stomach ache
– Sweating, swallowing or fever
– Excess fatigue
These symptoms may be the same with other illnesses, but if you are aware that you may have eaten contaminated food, then it is best to go straight to the doctor.
It is also worth noting that some people are more vulnerable than others to be poisoned by food. Older people, children, pregnant women and people with poor immune systems need to take more care when preparing and eating meals.