When bumps and lesions appear in the palm, key, or finger, we blame injuries, insect bites or other injuries. However, such symptoms may be indicative of major health problems.
Medicine calls these lumps in the key ‘hygroma’. They are benign formations that take the form of a capsule or cyst. Few people know that these bumps can actually endanger serious health.
WHERE TO BE PRESENTED
Often, a lump may appear on the key and when it is touched it may be either soft or firm. But in rare cases, it can also be developed in these parts:
– On the palm surface – at the center or near the thumb;
– On the inner surface of the fingers
REASONS FOR SUBMISSION
The reasons for the appearance of the cysts can not always be easily determined. But, there are some primary factors known to modern medicine:
– A recent injury or a fracture in the bone
– A degenerative key disease and inflammation in the joint tissue
– Frequent lock movements (a common factor among musicians and those who work hard on computers)
Usually, a lump is formed for no apparent reason. The rate of growth of a cyst is known. Sometimes it stays unchanged for several years, while in some cases it may grow drastically in a few days, reports Express Newspaper.
That a lump is formed can you know according to these symptoms:
– Difficulty in moving the joints when moving your fingers or wrists
– The lump in the skin gets red
Although there is no risk of cysts becoming malignant tumors, you still have to go to the doctor. Usually, the hygroma is easily diagnosed due to the nature of its symptoms.
We advise you to visit a surgeon or pedicurist to determine the cause of the disease and to treat it further effectively.